Dominion Voting Systems Sold to Missouri-Based Firm Led by Former GOP Election Official

by | Oct 9, 2025

Dominion Voting Systems, one of the nation’s largest election equipment providers, has been sold to Liberty Vote, a Missouri-based company founded by former Republican election official Scott Leiendecker.

 

Leiendecker, who previously developed software to help poll workers verify voters and check them in at polling sites, described the acquisition as a step toward restoring faith in U.S. elections. “Liberty Vote signals a new chapter for American elections — one where trust is rebuilt from the ground up,” he said, adding that the company’s technology would emphasize “paper-based transparency, security and simplicity.”

Liberty plans to conduct a full review of Dominion’s equipment before the 2026 midterms and will “rebuild or retire” machines as necessary. Dominion machines were used in 27 states during the 2024 election.

Leiendecker has longstanding ties to Republican leadership in Missouri. Former Secretary of State Matt Blunt appointed him to investigate St. Louis' elections administration after the 2020 election and later named him the city’s Republican election director. Ed Martin, a Trump ally, chaired the St. Louis Board of Elections during Leiendecker’s tenure.

Despite his GOP background, Liberty Vote officials have emphasized Leiendecker’s reputation for fairness. Nevada Secretary of State Cisco Aguilar, a Democrat, called him “open, honest and transparent.”

As part of the deal, Liberty reportedly asked Dominion to resolve several defamation lawsuits stemming from claims about the 2020 election. Dominion recently reached undisclosed settlements with Rudy Giuliani, Sidney Powell, and One America News Network. A Liberty spokesperson said the acquisition does not require regulatory approval.

 

Source: AXIOS

 

 

 

Top News

Tulsi Gabbard Resigns as Director of National Intelligence

Tulsi Gabbard Resigns as Director of National Intelligence

Tulsi Gabbard is stepping down as Director of National Intelligence to support her husband as he battles an extremely rare form of bone cancer. Her resignation will take effect June 30, 2026.   In her resignation letter to President Trump, Gabbard said her...

Pentagon Releases More Declassified UFO Files

Pentagon Releases More Declassified UFO Files

The Department of War on Friday released a second batch of declassified UFO-related files through its PURSUE disclosure program.   Additional files are set to be released on a rolling basis. The announcement was made by Pentagon spokesman Sean Parnell.  ...