Children’s Health Defense Sues AAP Under RICO, Alleges Decades-Long Vaccine Safety Fraud

by | Jan 22, 2026

Children’s Health Defense, the nonprofit founded by Health Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr., and five additional plaintiffs filed a federal RICO lawsuit Wednesday accusing the American Academy of Pediatrics of running a long-standing racketeering scheme to mislead families about the safety of the childhood vaccine schedule while maintaining financial ties to vaccine manufacturers.

 

The complaint, filed in U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia, alleges the AAP violated the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act by promoting false safety assurances about the CDC’s childhood immunization schedule, rewarding pediatricians for high vaccination rates, and concealing the absence of studies comparing vaccinated and unvaccinated children. The suit points to findings from the Institute of Medicine, now the National Academy of Medicine, which concluded in 2002 and again in 2013 that no such comparative safety studies had been conducted and called for further research.

Plaintiffs allege the AAP instead relied on what the lawsuit describes as a “foundational fraud,” a 2002 Pediatrics journal article by Dr. Paul Offit claiming infants could theoretically receive up to 10,000 vaccines at once. The complaint says the AAP used that claim to shut down safety questions, embed the figure into its Red Book guidelines, and assure parents, physicians, and policymakers that the vaccine schedule was thoroughly tested, despite the article being theoretical and not based on clinical study.

The complaint alleges the AAP maintains undisclosed financial relationships with pharmaceutical companies including Pfizer, Merck, GlaxoSmithKline, and Sanofi Pasteur, creating conflicts of interest and an “association-in-fact enterprise” that benefits both vaccine manufacturers and companies treating chronic conditions linked to vaccines. Plaintiffs also claim the AAP has opposed changes to the childhood vaccine schedule made under Health Secretary Robert F. Kennedy Jr. and has pursued litigation against federal agencies while promoting its own vaccine schedule adopted by several states.

The lawsuit seeks financial damages for the plaintiffs, court-ordered disclosures about the lack of comprehensive vaccine safety testing, and an injunction barring the AAP from making unqualified vaccine safety claims. The plaintiffs compare the case to the federal RICO prosecution of Big Tobacco, alleging similar patterns of suppressing adverse research and misleading the public.

Children’s Health Defense CEO Mary Holland said the AAP “is a front operation in a racketeering scheme involving Big Pharma, Big Medicine and Big Media, ready at every turn to put profits above children’s health. It’s time to face facts and see what the AAP is really about.”

 

Source: Children’s Health Defense

 

 

 

Top News

Former Cuban President Raul Castro Indicted in the U.S.

Former Cuban President Raul Castro Indicted in the U.S.

Former Cuban leader Raúl Castro has been indicted in the United States alongside five other defendants, according to court filings made public Wednesday. The charges, which have not been detailed in the publicly available filing, are expected to stem from a 1996...

Russia Floats Joint Investment Projects With U.S. and China

Russia Floats Joint Investment Projects With U.S. and China

Kirill Dmitriev, CEO of the Russian Direct Investment Fund and President Vladimir Putin’s special representative for investment and economic cooperation, said Russia is considering joint projects involving both Chinese and American investors.   Dmitriev said RDIF...

President Trump Endorses Ken Paxton for U.S. Senate in Texas

President Trump Endorses Ken Paxton for U.S. Senate in Texas

President Trump endorsed Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton in the state’s upcoming U.S. Senate race, calling him an “America First Patriot” and “true MAGA Warrior” who has remained loyal to both him and the MAGA movement.   In a Truth Social post, President Trump...

Department of War Pauses U.S.-Canada Defense Board

Department of War Pauses U.S.-Canada Defense Board

Undersecretary of War Elbridge Colby announced that the Department of War is pausing the Permanent Joint Board on Defense with Canada while officials reassess the forum’s role in North American defense cooperation.   Colby said a “strong Canada that prioritizes...