President Trump announced Monday that he postponed a planned U.S. military strike on Iran after requests from the Emir of Qatar, Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman Al Saud, and UAE President Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan, saying negotiations with Tehran are now underway and could result in a deal preventing Iran from obtaining nuclear weapons.
In a Truth Social post, Trump said the attack had been scheduled for Tuesday but that he instructed Secretary of War Pete Hegseth, Chairman of the Joint Chiefs Gen. Daniel Caine, and the U.S. military to stand down “based on my respect for the above mentioned Leaders.”
Reuters reported Monday that Trump said there was a “very good chance” the United States could reach an agreement with Iran to block Tehran from obtaining a nuclear weapon, comments made after revealing the planned strike had been delayed to allow negotiations to continue.













